Activity B14b was implemented with the aim of producing an inspection manual to manage introductions of IAS and LMOs into Cameroon. By the end of the Manual, trainees are expected to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of inspection systems, inspection methods and treatments processes for movements of people and products into the country.
- Have an overview of risk analysis and selection of appropriate risk management options for various classes of bio-invaders.
- Have an overview of the different treatment options available for different species / species types / commodities.
- Understand inspection sampling methods and how they are used as a means of detection of a risk organism or its symptom.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of various actors in an integrated biosecurity system.
- Examine and validate documentation accompanying imports.