PISCCA: Innovative Projects from Civil Societies and Coalitions of Actors
Innovative Projects from Civil Societies and Coalitions of Actors (PISCCA) 2019
« SUPPORT TO THE YOUTH AND CIVIL SOCIETY INNOVATIONS IN TERMS OF CITIZEN PARTICIPATION, EQUALITY, HUMAN RIGHTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION »
|Source||French Embassy in Cameroon|
|Contributor||Administrateur Sites Cameroun|
|Keywords||piscca, csc, environment, protection|
For several years, the French Embassy has been providing support to the Cameroonian Civil Society. Between 2005 and 2016, the Social Fund for Development and the Support Fund for Civil Societies (SFCS) have subsequently funded more than 30 projects promoted by civil society organizations, for a total amount of more than one billion CFA francs.
The current program Innovative Projects from Civil Societies and Coalitions of Actors (PISCCA) replaces the SFCS. It has become the main French Embassy support tool to support the Cameroonian civil society.
Within the framework of the PISCCA, two calls for proposals will be organized: during the first quarter of 2019, and the first quarter of 2020.
The PISCCA is intended for Cameroonian CSOs (associations, common interest groups, network associations, and non-governmental organizations), which have been legally established for at least two years.
The required financing shall range between €10,000 (FCFA 6,559,558) and €40,000 (FCFA 26,238,234) and the implementation of the project shall not exceed 15 months.
Main objective and sectorial priorities
The project proposed has to be in accordance with one or more of the following themes:
- Citizenship and Human Rights
• Citizen participation and follow up of public policies;
• Capacity building of the youth within the framework of the living-together;
• Capacity building of the youth within the framework of the local development;
• Support to vulnerable groups and improvement of the Human Rights legal framework.
- Environment and biodiversity protection :
• Conservation of threatened wildlife species and fight against poaching;
• Creation/development of a green and social business;
• Integration of indigenous living in or nearby Protected Areas;
• Inclusion of women and young people in environmental protection.
Two transversal themes will systematically be taken into account:
• Inclusion and capacity building of the Cameroonian Youth;
• The impact of the project in terms of socio-economic insertion of young girls, gender equality promotion and fight against gender-based violence.
Selection process and deadline
The call for proposals process will be split into two steps of 4 weeks each:
• First step: the CSOs that wish to apply shall fill the application form that is downloadable hereafter. Following this step, few projects will be preselected. Due to the large number of applications expected, only the preselected CSOs will be notified.
• Second step: the preselected CSOs will be interviewed. More details can be required if needed.
A selection committee, chaired by the French Ambassador, will decide which projects will be funded in 2019. The list of selected projects will be released publicly.
Download the documentations here